These crispy tostadas are topped with roasted tomatillos and pinto beans. Quick vegetarian Tex-mex dinner alert!
Sour cream mix:
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss together quartered tomatillos, chopped red onions, jalapeno, garlic cloves, olive oil, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
2) Spread the mixture out on a baking sheet lined with foil and roast for about 20 minutes until the tomatillos are breaking down.
3) Let the tomatillo mixture cool for a few minutes and then roughly chop everything and stir it together with the drained and rinsed pinto beans.
4) While tomatillo mixture bakes, spread out a few corn tortillas on a baking sheet and bake them for 10-15 minutes until they get crispy. Optionally, you can brush them with some canola oil for faster crisping!
5) To make a tostada, top a baked corn tortilla with a big spoonful of the chunky tomatillo mixture and a sprinkle of queso fresco. Return to the oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese.
Top baked tostadas with avocado, sour cream mixture, hot sauce, chopped scallions and maybe a spritz of lime.