An awesome quick panini sandwich with leftover chicken, raspberry jam, and sliced apples on thick sourdough bread.
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. If you don’t have a panini press, preheat a cast iron skillet in the oven as well.
2) Roughly chop chicken. Grate cheese, slice the apple thin and squeeze lemon juice over the apples.
3) Take four large slices of thick sourdough bread and lightly butter one side of each piece. Divide the chicken and cheese between two pieces of bread with buttered side down.
4) Top cheese with apple slices and slather the extra pieces of bread with raspberry jam on the non-buttered side. Top the sandwiches so the jam and apples are together.
5) Place sandwiches in panini press or place them on a baking sheet and cover with aluminum foil. Place the hot cast iron skillet on top of the foil and place back in the oven.
6) If you’re using the panini press, cook sandwich according to press instructions. If you’re pressing in the oven using my crazy cast iron skillet method, you’ll need to cook them for about 15 minutes.
Remove sandwiches and slice each sandwich into three even sections. Serve immediately!