These quick pinwheels are so packed with filling that they are almost a burrito. But slice them into pieces and serve them as an appetizer. They have a nice spicy kick, great crunch, and addictive flavors!
4 large flour tortillas
1/2 cup ranch dressing
2 chipotle peppers (in adobo)
1 tablespoon Adobo sauce, from pepper can
12 strips bacon, baked until crispy
2 ripe tomatoes, sliced thin
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lay out bacon in an even layer. Bake bacon at 350 degrees until it’s crispy, maybe 15-20 minutes. Then remove bacon strips and let drain on a few paper towels.
- Meanwhile, mix together ranch and chopped chipotle peppers (remove stem and seeds) and a few spoonfuls of the Adobo sauce from the chipotle can.
- Slice tomatoes very thin and wash lettuce.
- Make a pinwheel wrap by spreading a few spoonfuls of the ranch dressing mix onto a tortilla all the way to the edges. Top with lettuce across the entire tortilla. Then add a row of tomatoes and bacon in the middle of the tortilla. Roll the tortilla up into a tight cylinder.
- If you aren’t serving the pinwheels immediately, store the pinwheel wraps whole wrapped in plastic wrap.
- When ready to serve, use a serrated knife to slice thin pinwheels into slices about 1 1/2 inches thick. You should get about 6 from each wrap.