A flavorful and spicy couscous salad that’s a great use for leftover chicken. Perfect as a side dish or served over tostadas.
1) In a medium pot, add oil over medium heat. Then add chicken and tomatoes and cook for a few minutes until hot.
2) Add peppers and Adobo sauce and stir together. Squeeze half a lime over the chicken.
3) Add in chicken stock, cover, and bring to a simmer.
4) Stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat. Let sit for five minutes.
5) Fluff couscous with a fork, season with salt and pepper, and stir in diced avocado.
Serve as a salad or serve over fried tostadas with pepper jack cheese, cilantro, and hot sauce.
To make fried tostadas, add a tablespoon of neutral oil (sunflower or vegetable) to a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn tortillas and fry for about 2 minutes per side until crispy. As the tortillas fry, push down to remove air bubbles that form.