For the Tortilla Sticks:
1) Add a small drizzle of vegetable oil to a small skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add corn tortilla and cook for about 10 seconds per side until it is warm and flexible.
2) Remove the tortilla from the pan and let it cool slightly. Then roll it tightly into a stick and skewer it with a wooden skewer.
3) Repeat with as many corn tortillas as you like. I recommend 2-3 per serving of soup.
4) Once all your sticks are on a skewer, bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees and flip halfway through. Then let the sticks cool and finally slide them off the skewers.
For the soup:
1) Dice onions and peppers to the same size. Dice garlic and chipotle peppers very fine.
2) Add olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Then add onions and peppers and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until veggies start to soften, about 5-6 minutes.
3) Add cumin, chipotle, and garlic and cook for another minute or two.
4) Add in tomatoes, black beans, and water and bring soup to a simmer. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
5) Using a stick blender (or transfer carefully in batches to a normal blender) blend soup until chunky, but mostly smooth.
6) Season soup with lime juice and more salt and pepper.
7) Serve soup with sour cream, grated cheese, cilantro, and tortilla sticks (or tortilla chips).