A strawberry soup mixed with some dairy and topped with ginger-soaked melon. There’s a lot going on here. Maybe too much!
1) Mix pineapple juice, grated ginger, and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes until it resembles a thin syrup. Set aside to cool.
2) Ball your honeydew and cantaloupe with a melon baller. Once your syrup is cool, pour the syrup over the melon and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
3) For the soup, clean fruit and add to a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add dairy and continue to pulse. I recommend tasting as you go. I added too much sour cream to mine and the final taste was a bit tangy. Taste and adjust people.
4) Once the soup is done, chill it in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
5) Serve the soup with the melon balls and garnish with fresh chopped basil if you want.