Chicken Peach Kebabs
A perfect dish to celebrate summer and peach season! These Peach and Chicken Kebabs are easy to make and so delicious on their own or over rice! Try them out while peaches are perfect!
Chicken Peach KebabsJump to Recipe
This post is sponsored by Harry & David. Check out their exclusive Oregold® Peaches which are in season and perfect for snacking or recipes like these Peach and Chicken Kabobs! Be sure to follow Harry & David on Facebook and Instagram for more great recipes!
For me, the thing I most look forward to in summer is peach season. Ripe, juicy peaches that explode when you bite into them are in easy supply for a few fleeting weeks now.
I love Oregold® Peaches by Harry & David which are picked and packaged so they arrive to you at peak freshness. To be honest, the most ripe peaches I think should be eaten whole – immediately. They are too good to mess with and if you try to chop them, they will fall apart in juiciness.
But this recipe works great if you have a few slightly firmer peaches. These are the peaches that don’t completely give to your thumb’s pressure. Those are the peaches you want for these Chicken Peach Kebabs. They are ripe, but not eat-whole-on-the-porch-right-now ripe.
These kebabs don’t have many ingredients, because they don’t need many ingredients. Seasoned chicken, skewered with peppers and beautiful peaches are all you need. The flavors mingle on the grill, the chicken getting some sweet fruit flavor from the peaches and the peaches getting some spicy heat from the chili powder on the chicken.
You can eat these right off the skewer or serve them over rice or in a pita sandwich. Most importantly though, make them while peaches are at their prime.
Chicken Peach Kebabs
- 1 ½ pounds chicken sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 ripe Peaches
- ½ large yellow pepper chopped into chunks
- ½ large orange pepper chopped into chunks
- ½ red onion chopped in chunks
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh chives garnish
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Clean grill well. Slice chicken (you can use boneless skinless thighs or breasts) into thin, 2-inch strips. Add chicken to a bowl with olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Slice peaches into quarters or thirds. You want pretty big chunks so they don’t fall apart on the grill. Also cut peppers and onions into large chunks.
- Skewer chicken with peaches, onions, and peppers. When your skewer is done, add a second skewer going the opposite direction. This will keep the ingredients in place on the grill and make them easier to flip. Drizzle finished skewers with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill kabobs for about 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and peaches and peppers are charred in spots.
- Remove kabobs and sprinkle with chives. Serve kabobs with steamed rice or in a pita as a sandwich.
Did you make this?
Snap a photo and tag @macheesmo so I can see your work.
Chicken Peach Kebabs
I kept the chicken seasonings pretty simple so as not to compete too much with the sweet peach flavor. Also, keep your chicken in good-sized pieces so they don’t fall apart on the grill.
Actually that rule goes for all the veggies, the peppers and peaches as well. Keep things big so they don’t just fall apart when they hit the high heat of the grill.
Making the kebabs is pretty easy! Once I get my ingredients on, I like to use a second skewer going the opposite direction to really secure the ingredients and make sure they don’t flip around on the grill.
Grill the kebabs over high heat for 15-20 minutes total. You’ll want to flip them every 4-5 minutes. They should have really nice grill marks on them and the chicken should be cooked through. If you’re using a charcoal grill, they will probably cook a bit faster so keep an eye on them.
Make sure to clean and oil your grill before cooking to prevent sticking!
The finished kebab is a thing of beauty!
- Need a side dish for these? Try this Grilled Broccoli with Cheese Sauce or Farro Tabbouleh!
I like to serve my chicken peach kebabs over rice with some fresh chives but you could eat them right off the skewer or stuff them in a pita! Your call!
1 Response to “Chicken Peach Kebabs” Leave a comment
This is my favorite. I like to eat peach, And thanks to this article I can do it myself