Chicken Meatball Sliders
Chicken Meatball Sliders are a great snack and are easy to make. These can be made in the slow cooker or in a skillet. Served with peppers and provolone!
Chicken Meatball SlidersJump to Recipe
This post is sponsored by Kroger and Tyson! I used Aidells Teriyaki and Pineapple Meatballs purchased at my local King Soopers for these Chicken Meatball Sliders. Be sure to follow them on Facebook and Instagram for other great fall recipe ideas!
It’s officially fall! My favorite time of the year for so many reasons, but mostly for the food. Dust off the slow cooker and get it cleaned and ready! Whether you’re watching sports, or just relaxing with friends and family, good food is a must.
These Chicken Meatball Sliders should be on your menu! They have just a few ingredients, but are big on flavor. Trust me. They will go fast so you may want to double the batch!
I used Aidells Teriyaki & Pineapple Meatballs, which I purchased at my local King Soopers, for my version. Aidells uses all-natural ingredients combined in delicious ways (Teriyaki & Pineapple?! YES PLEASE!)
It’s slider time, people and these are an absolute must-try!
Chicken Meatball Sliders
- 1 12 oz. Aidells chicken meatballs halved
- ½ green pepper sliced thin
- ½ red pepper sliced thin
- ½ white onion sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 12 slider rolls
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- For Slow Cooker:
- Add meatballs, peppers, onions, garlic, and olive oil to a medium slow cooker. Stir together and season with salt and pepper and cook on high for about two hours until peppers are cooked. Keep warm until serving.
- For Skillet:
- Add olive oil to a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced peppers and onions. Cook for 4-5 minutes until veggies start to soften. Then stir in meatballs and garlic and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes until meatballs are browned in spots and warmed through.
- To finish the Sliders:
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Slice slider rolls in half and lay bottom half on a baking sheet. Top each roll with half a slice of Provolone. Place in the oven for 4-5 minutes to lightly toast buns and melt cheese.
- When buns come out of the oven, top with meatballs, peppers, and onions. Divide them evenly between the sliders and top with top bun.
- Serve while warm!
Did you make this?
Snap a photo and tag @macheesmo so I can see your work.
How to Make Chicken Meatball Sliders in a Slow Cooker
I love these meatballs from Aidell’s. The Teriyaki & Pineapple flavor is the perfect combo of savory with a little sweetness!
If you want to prep these in a slow cooker, it’s about as easy as it gets. Toss everything in your slow cooker, stir it together and let it cook on high for about two hours. You can keep it warm for much longer though if you are serving them later in the day.
How to Make Chicken Meatball Sliders in a Skillet
If you don’t have a slow cooker no worries! These are fairly easy to make in a skillet as well. You just have to pay a little more attention.
I recommend sautéing the peppers and onions first in a little oil and once they start to cook down, add the meatballs and garlic.
Finishing the Sliders
Whether you cook the meatball mixture in a slow cooker or in a skillet, finish them the same way. Place your slider buns on a baking sheet and add some provolone cheese to each bun. Bake them for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
Then pile on your toppings! You should have enough for 12 sliders with one batch of the recipe. Feel free to double this recipe though. It’s easy to stack up the sliders on a baking sheet!
Add the top bun to the sliders and you are ready to serve them!
I promise these Chicken Meatball Sliders will go fast so snag one for yourself before you serve them!
I could eat three or four of these and make a meal out of it actually. I love them!
Here are a few other great slider recipes!
- Easy Grilled Sliders
- Roast Beef Sliders
- Primanti Style Sliders
- Easy Italian Sliders from The Salty Pot