The nice thing about this dish is that it makes enough to eat for an entire week. Chicken, mushrooms, fresh ginger and garlic, and a tasty sauce.
1) Slice the mushrooms and scallions thinly. Dice the chicken into small pieces.
2) Mince the garlic and gingers and whisk with all the other sauce ingredients.
3) Cook the noodles (lo mein or spaghetti) according to instructions on package and then drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
4) Add Canola oil to a hot pan (wok or large skillet). Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook until done (about 5 minutes). Remove the chicken and add the sliced mushrooms to the pan. Add another tablespoon of oil if the pan is dry. Cook the mushrooms for a minute or two until they are slightly soft, but not soggy.
5) Remove the mushrooms from the pan and add all the sauce. It should come to a simmer almost immediately. Then add the chicken and mushrooms to the sauce. Reduce for a minute or two.
6) Add noodles to the mix and toss everything together. Cook for another 30 seconds. Add diced scallions and toss to coat.
7) Serve immediately with chili sauce, diced scallion greens, chopped peanuts and extra soy sauce.