Chicken Fajita Nachos with chipotle marinated chicken chopped up with seared veggies and topped over cheesy nachos. The perfect game day food!
1) In a food processor, combine the marinade ingredients and pulse until well-mixed. Alternatively, you can dice everything very finely and mix together.
2) Add marinade to a bag with sliced chicken. Let marinate for at least 20 minutes. Slice veggies and grate cheese while chicken marinates. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3) In a heavy skillet (Cast iron works well), heat over high heat. Add a drizzle of oil and cook chicken until it is cooked through, stirring regularly.
4) When chicken is cooked through, about eight minutes, remove chicken from pan and add veggies. If pan is really dry, add another drizzle of oil. Keep the pan hot. Cook the veggies until they are seared but still slightly crunchy, about two minutes.
5) Remove veggies and dice. Add veggies to diced chicken.
6) Lay out a layer of tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Top with grated cheddar cheese and a nice layer of the chicken/veggie mixture.
7) Bake nachos for 5-6 minutes until the nachos are warm and cheese is melted.
Serve immediately with guacamole and any other toppings you want!