A delicious buttermilk pancake recipe based on my favorite Ben and Jerrys ice cream flavor!
1) Whip the whipping cream ingredients to make a fresh whip cream. Refrigerate upon completion.
2) Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and then whisk in the wet ingredients which you should mix together separately.
3) Let pancake batter rest for 10-15 minutes in the fridge. Prep the cherries and chocolate.
4) Heat up some butter or oil in the pan or on the griddle over medium-high heat. When it is hot, add a few tablespoons of batter and cook a small pancake. The batter should spread out evenly. If it stays in one spot, the batter is too thick and you need to add more milk. If it runs all over the pan, it is too thin and you need to whisk in some more flour.
5) Pour the pancake (1/2 cup), and then after it has been cooking for 1 minute (it will start to set up), sprinkle cherries and chocolate on top.
6) When you start to see good sized bubbles forming on the surface of the batter, the edges around the pancake start to firm up and you’ll be able to easily maneuver a spatula under it, flip the pancake.
7) The first side will need probably 3-4 minutes and the second side will only need one or two minutes.
8) Top with a little whipped cream and syrup and you are in heaven.