1) Mix Streusel ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside for later.
2) Remove pit from cherries and dice them (about 15-20 cherries should be enough).
3) Mix wet batter ingredients together and set aside for later.
4) Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and cut in butter with your fingers. Just mix it in roughly until the butter resembles pea-sized pieces. Then add the cherries.
5) Stir in the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
6) Add half of your batter to a buttered 8×8 baking dish. Top with half of the streusel topping. Then the remaining batter and finally a streusel topping.
7) Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.