This quick skillet has all my favorite tex-mex flavors in it: black beans, jalapeños, corn, chicken, and cheese! Lots of cheese! Serve it with tortillas or chips!
1 - 1 1/2 pounds chicken, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
1 jalapeno, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1 ear sweet corn (or 1/2 cup frozen)
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 medium tomato, diced
1 cup cooked white rice
1/2 cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
6-8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
Avocado, for serving
Tortilla chips, for serving
- Chop chicken and add to a skillet over medium heat with olive oil and taco seasoning. Cook until chicken is cooked through, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add diced onion and jalapeno and cook for another 1-2 minutes until veggies soften.
- Stir in black beans, tomatoes, and corn.
- Add white rice and water and stir to combine. Taste skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Top skillet with grated cheese and cover. Turn heat down to low and cook for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top skillet with avocado and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips or flour tortillas.