This delicious bowl has some of my favorite flavors: charred cauliflower, artichokes, avocado, farro, and a spicy yogurt sauce to pull everything together. Great light dinner or weekday lunch option!
1 cup farro, boiled until tender
1 head purple cauliflower
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup marinated artichokes
1 ripe avocado
2 cups baby spinach, slivered
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
Fresh mint, garnish
Salt and pepper
1 cup greek yogurt
1 serrano pepper, seeds removed
1 lemon, juice only
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 F˚. Use a paring knife to cut florets off the cauliflower head. Lay out florets on a baking sheet (line with parchment paper for easier cleanup). Drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Roast cauliflower for 20-25 minutes until tender and charred in spots.
- Cook farro in lightly salted water (I use 4 cups of water, 1 tablespoon of kosher salt per cup of farro). Bring to a simmer, add the farro, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until tender – maybe 20-25 minutes. Once farro is cooked through and tender, drain off any extra water, remove from heat, cover, and let steam for 5 minutes. Then fluff with a fork.
- To make sauce, add all sauce ingredients to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Adjust to your liking. If you don’t have a food processor you can finely mince the garlic and pepper and stir everything together. It won’t be a smooth, but the flavors will still work.
- To build your salad, mince some baby spinach and stir into your slightly cooled farro (if the farro is too hot it will wilt the spinach). Divide farro between bowls. Top with roasted cauliflower, avocado, and artichokes.
- Garnish bowls with pomegranate seeds, fresh mint, sunflower seeds, and a heavy drizzle of yogurt sauce.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-gK4.