Cast iron pizza means you don’t have a pizza stone! Use your cast iron skillet to make really good homemade pizza!
1) To make dough, add water, sugar, salt, and yeast to a bowl and stir. Let sit for 5 minutes so yeast dissolves and starts to foam. Add flour and stir well to combine.
2) Use a hand dipped in water to vigorously work the dough until it forms a ball. Let the dough rest for a few minutes and then continue to work it until it is really soft and pliable, about 5-6 minutes of mixing.
3) Coat the dough with olive oil and store it in a plastic bag. Let it rise at room temp for an hour, then punch it down, reshape it into a ball, and store it in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Remove it an hour before you intend to make pizza.
4) Prepare all your ingredients: brown sausage, chop basil and scallions, and grate cheese.
5) Stir together sauce ingredients and adjust to your tastes.
6) Roll dough out into a large circle and place it in the center of your cold skillet. Trim off excess dough, leaving about a inch of dough up the side of the skillet. Use your fingers to fold the dough over itself, making a crust.
7) Add sauce, sausage, scallions, and cheese to pizza.
8) Cook the pizza ON THE STOVETOP over high heat for 3-4 minutes to rapidly heat the pan up.
9) Move the pizza to a 450 degree oven until the pizza finishes cooking, about 18 minutes.
10) Remove the pizza and use a spatula to carefully slide the pizza out of the skillet.
11) Let it cool, slice it up, and serve it!