My favorite cake, carrot cake, and my favorite brunch sweet, pancakes, slammed together.
1) Peel and Grate carrots.
2) Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add spices and carrots and stir.
3) Mix in wet ingredients including melted butter in a separate bowl.
4) Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until a batter forms. A thinner batter will make for thinner pancakes. Thicker batter for thicker cakes.
5) Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat and add a dab of butter.
6) Ladle out 1/3-1/2 Cup of batter per pancake.
7) Cook until bubbles form on the top of the cake, then flip, about 2-3 minutes per side.
8) Pancakes should be golden brown on both sides, but not soggy in the middle.
9) Serve with butter and maple syrup.