1) Sift together dry dry ingredients (except sugar) in a small bowl and set them aside.
2) To start the dough, add the sugars and butter into a medium bowl. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to cream together the butter and sugars until they are light and fluffy and then beat in an egg to give the cookies some binder.
3) Add in the vanilla and then add in all the dry ingredients.
4) To shape the cookies, get a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball. Then press the candy into the center and roll the dough around the candy. You can use mini rolos or mini caramels.
5) Shape the dough around the candy and then toss the ball into a bowl of sugar and completely coat the cookie in sugar.
6) Bake these guys on a parchment paper lined baking sheet at 375 degrees F for about 10 minutes. They are done when the cookies are slightly cracked on the top. It’s kind of hard to tell when they are done by browning since they are chocolate, but you can gauge by the cracks typically.
7) Let these guys cool for a few minutes and then dig in.