Candied pecan waffles made with a yeasted batter will kick up your breakfast a notch. Pretty easy to make and definitely delicious.
Vanilla Whipped Cream:
1) For waffles, mix together warm milk, sugar, and yeast in a small bowl and let sit for five minutes until foaming. Then stir in flours, butter, and vanilla. Mix together well and then store in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
2) For candied pecans, add butter and brown sugar to a small saucepan over low heat. Once melted, add pecans and stir to coat. Continue to cook until pecans start to brown. Once they are smelling nutty and browned, immediately remove from pan and pour into a bowl. Stir and toss them to keep them separated as they cool.
3) To finish batter, whisk in eggs and salt to the waffle batter.
4) Heat your waffle iron and then add about 1/2 cup of batter (depending on waffle size). Dot batter with candied pecans and close waffle maker. Cook until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
5) Serve waffles with real maple syrup and vanilla whipped cream.