If you have a good Dutch oven and plan ahead, cooking a really flavorful Cajun jambalaya is easy over a campfire!
1) I recommend chopping the onions, peppers, celery, and garlic before you arrive at camp as that is most of the work.
2) When you get to camp, get your dutch oven hot over a medium flame and add 2 tablespoons of oil and all the sausage. Get a nice brown on the sausage on all sides (about 4-5 minutes per side). Then remove the sausage and cut into coins.
3) Add veggies to dutch oven and extra oil if the pan is dry. Cook veggies until they start to soften, about 5-6 minutes.
4) Add spices, tomatoes, and stock to the pan and bring to a slight simmer. Add sausage back to pan along with rice. Stir everything together, cover, and let cook over medium heat for 25 minutes. Then check to make sure rice isn’t burning. It might need a few more minutes though for rice to be cooked through.
5) When rice is cooked through, adjust spices (salt/pepper/creole seasoning) to your liking and serve with chopped scallions and more creole seasoning.