Baked butternut squash plus some cheese and spicy stuff makes for a perfect fall appetizer!
1) Slice butternut squash in half and bake at 350 degrees for an hour. let cool slightly before handling.
2) Scoop out seeds from squash and measure out flesh. Add to other ingredients and mix well.
3) Add dip to a buttered casserole dish and top with Panko.
4) Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
5) For pita chips, cut pita into sixths and split each sixth in half. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil and kosher salt. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes and stir once halfway through.
6) Serve dip with the chips!