These easy steak kabobs have a delicious marinade and are the perfect thing to toss on your grill for a lazy BBQ party!
3 pounds sirloin steak (or almost any steak)
1 cup fresh pineapple
3 cloves garlic
3 inches fresh ginger, peeled
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup Gochujang Chili paste
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 red onion
Sesame seeds, garnish
Flatbreads, for serving (optional)
- In a food processor, combine pineapple, garlic, and ginger and pulse until smooth. Then stir together with soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, gochujang, pepper, and 1 tablespoon sesame seeds.
- Cube steaks into about 1-inch cubes and add to a bowl with marinade. Stir together well. Cover and let marinate for at least an hour, but not more than 3-4 hours.
- Remove steak from marinade and skewer on soaked bamboo skewers alternating with peppers and red onions.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Make sure grill is clean. Right before grilling, rub grill with canola oil.
- Grill kabobs for 3-4 minutes per side, turning and grilling on all sides so the steak is cooked through medium-rare and the veggies are charred in spots.
- Remove skewers and garnish with sesame seeds.
You can eat the skewers as is or serve on flatbreads with yogurt.