Buffalo Bites BowlsJump to Recipe
I’m excited to announce that I’m going to be an ambassador for Dr. Praeger’s this year! You’ll see a few posts throughout the year highlighting some fun ways to use their delicious products. After doing some work with them last year, I really grew to love their food and there is always a spot in my freezer for their stuff.
I really love their kid-friendly line, but was excited to try these new Buffalo Fish Bites myself. I liked the idea of a spicy fish nugget. They were easy to make and were the perfect topper to these bowls with veggies and a simple buffalo ranch sauce!
Interestingly, I thought these would be too spicy for my three year old and I served him a bite-free version of the bowl, but as we ate these together, he asked me about the “chicken nuggets” on my bowl. I told him they were spicy fish and he actually tried one! Luckily, the bites aren’t knock-your-socks off spicy so he didn’t need to chug milk or anything.
I was happy to add some of them to his bowl as well though.
Buffalo Bites Bowls
- 1 package Dr. Praeger’s Buffalo Fish Bites
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 avocado
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- For Cilantro Lime Rice, cook rice using your favorite method. Once rice is cooked, toss with fresh cilantro and lime juice. Set aside until needed.
- Prep all the toppings for the bowls, slicing and grating veggies and making the quick buffalo ranch sauce.
- Add vegetable oil to a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add Buffalo Fish Bites in an even layer in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until crispy. Flip bites and cook until the bites are cooked through, around six minutes total.
- To make bowls, pile some cilantro rice in a bowl and arrange toppings around the bowl. Add a handful of Buffalo Fish Bites to the bowl and drizzle with buffalo ranch sauce. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedge. Serve while warm!
Did you make this?
Snap a photo and tag @macheesmo so I can see your work.
Buffalo Bites Bowls
These little guys are delicious! They aren’t super spicy but get really nice and crispy and Dr. Praeger’s always uses really good ingredients so there isn’t a lot of filler or preservatives or anything.
Really the only thing to cook in this recipe is the rice and the fish bites. You’ll also want a quick sauce though. I just mixed together some ranch with buffalo sauce which cools down bowl but keeps with the buffalo flavor profile. You could use any hot sauce!
You’ll want these toppings. Any and all are welcome to this bowl party!
For the rice, I used long grain white rice for my bowl but you could use almost anything. Once the rice is cooked, fluff it with a fork and squeeze in some lime. Stir in some fresh cilantro and it’s ready for a bowl!
You could bake these fish bites, but I found that the way to get them super crispy is to actually just cook them in a skillet for a few minutes with a drizzle of oil. It’s faster to cook them this way also!
You know what to do now. It’s pretty straightforward to toss some cilantro lime rice in a big wide bowl, top it with veggies of your choosing (I choose all of them) and scatter some buffalo fish bites around. Drizzle on sauce and BOOM. Bowl is done!
These are perfect for a healthy weekday meal or you could pack them for lunch!