Mash-up recipes are some of my favorite and this Buffalo Chicken Pad Thai from The Comfort Food Mashup Cookbook! So yummy!
12 ounces rice noodles
1/2 cup cayenne hot sauce
1/4 cup fish sauce
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 limes, juice
2 tablespoons sugar or honey
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup panko bread crumbs
2 chicken breasts, split horizontally
Pad Thai Ingredients:
4 carrots, chopped or julienned
4 celery sticks, chopped or julienned
2 tablespoons grated ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
7 scallions, chopped
- Cook the rice noodles according to package. Drain and rinse them with cold water to prevent sticking.
- Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Bread the chicken: Add the flour, eggs, and panko to separate bowls and season the panko with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken into thin strips or nugget shapes and dredge them in the flour, then the eggs, then the panko.
- Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, pan-fry the chicken for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Test to make sure the chicken is cooked through. Slice chicken into strips for serving.
- In a frying pan with a drizzle of oil, cook the carrots and celery on high heat for five minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Add scallions last and stir to combine.
- Spread veggies around the edge of the pan. Pour eggs in the center and scramble.
- Once eggs are cooked, add noodles to the pan and stir to combine. Toss with sauce.
- Divide pad thai between bowls and top with chicken. Drizzle with a little extra hot sauce and garnish with celery and carrots.