Shredded sprouts cooked with crispy bacon and served with traditional Caesar salad dressing and toppings!
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lay bacon strips on a wire rack over a baking sheet or on a baking sheet directly. Bake the bacon at 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes until the bacon is very crispy. Pour off bacon grease and save for later.
2) For croutons, cube a few pieces of sturdy bread into 1/4-inch cubes. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until very crispy. Let cool.
3) For dressing, add all ingredients except olive oil to food processor and pulse a few times to combine well. Then drizzle in olive oil and process until smooth. Season well with salt and pepper.
4) Sliver brussels sprouts. In a large skillet, add 2-3 tablespoons reserved bacon grease over medium high heat. Once hot, add sprouts and cook until they are tender and browned in spots, about 4-5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Season sprouts with salt and pepper.
5) Divide cooked sprouts between four plates. Top with crumbled bacon and croutons. Grate Parmesan cheese on top and serve with a drizzle of dressing or serve the dressing on the side.
I think this salad is best while warm, but it’s not bad cold either if you want to make it in advance.