These simple benedicts use the best of summer to make breakfast about as good as it can gets. Find the ripest tomatoes and freshest basil and then do no harm to this beautiful plate. Keep it simple and enjoy!
1) Combine the chopped tomatoes with a small handful of minced basil and a drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
2) Slice baguette or bread on a bias and drizzle with olive oil. Toast in a 400 degree oven for 5-7 minutes until golden brown around the edges. Rub toast with a garlic clove.
3) Bring a medium saucepan full of water and 2 tablespoons of white vinegar to a simmer over medium heat. Slowly roll the eggs into the water being careful not to just DROP the egg in. Let simmer for 3 minutes, very carefully stirring.
4) Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon to a paper towel to drain.
5) Top toasted bread with bruschetta mixture and a poached egg. Drizzle with olive oil and top with basil leaves and a pinch of paprika.