Healthy and hearty brown rice mixed with spices and served in burger form with a spicy homemade mango sauce. A fantastic veggie burger!
1) For relish, combine ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. If you don’t have a food processor, you can also just dice everything very finely.
2) Cook brown rice according to package and let cool or use leftover rice.
3) Sautee diced onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat until the onion is translucent, but not browned, about 5 minutes.
4) Mix onion, cilantro, and garam masala with rice. Crack in an egg and combine well. Stir in oat flour. You might need a bit more oat flour. Your rice should be firm and stick together if you press it into a ball.
5) Form 4 large burgers with the rice mixture and season each burger with salt and pepper.
6) Cook the burgers in a heavy pan over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the pan. Cook until browned evenly on both sides, about 4-5 minutes per side.
7) Toast buns and serve rice burgers on bun with relish and topped with sliced avocado.