A really savory pasta salad recipe flavored with broccoli and lots of mediterranean ingredients like olives and feta cheese.
1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt it with 1 tablespoon of kosher salt per gallon of water. You can guestimate it.
2) Chop florets off of broccoli head and cut any large ones in half. Peel stem of broccoli and dice it.
3) Blanch broccoli in salted water for 2 minutes until the pieces are bright green. Don’t overcook them!
4) Remove broccoli and set aside.
5) Cook pasta in same water according to package instructions.
6) In a large skillet with high walls or large pot, add olive oil over medium-low heat. Add anchovies and mash up to distribute flavor. (Anchovies are optional).
7) Once anchovies have simmered for a minute,add broccoli and stir together.
8) Drain pasta and add cooked pasta to skillet. Toss to combine.
9) Add olives and drizzle with red wine vinegar. Top with crumbled fetas and fresh chives. Serve warm or cold.
I recommend not including anchovies if you plan to keep for many days as flavor will intensify.