Breakfast stuffed peppers with roasted poblanos, crispy corn strips, and traditional breakfast ingredients. Plus, cheese and salsa for a Tex-Mex twist!
Sour cream sauce:
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lay out peppers on a baking sheet and corn tortillas (cut into strips).
2) Roast peppers and tortillas for 8-10 minutes. Then remove tortilla strips so they don’t burn and flip peppers. Roast them for another 5-10 minutes until they are well blistered. Transfer peppers to a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 5 minutes. Then peel the peppers (it’s okay if some skin remains).
3) Meanwhile in a large skillet, add a drizzle of oil over medium heat. Add jalapeno,corn, and red onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until veggies soften. Season with salt and pepper and remove from skillet.
4) Add another drizzle of oil and scrambled eggs. Turn heat down to low and cook until eggs are just cooked. Try not to overcook them.
5) For sour cream sauce, stir ingredients together and set aside.
6) When ready to make peppers, cut each pepper down the center and then horizontally by the stem to form a T. Scoop out seeds.
7) In each pepper, layer in the corn tortillas, eggs, corn mixture, and queso fresco. Return to oven and bake a second time for 5-8 minutes until cheese is well-melted.
8) Remove peppers and garnish each one with sour cream mixture, cilantro, and salsa. Serve immediately!