Hash browns filled with bacon and eggs and then baked in muffin tins makes for a fun and delicious breakfast or brunch dish!
1) Peel and grate potatoes and submerge them in cold water for a minute to wash off extra starch. Drain potatoes and dry them well on a few paper towels.
2) Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat and add potatoes and a pinch of salt. Cook potatoes, stirring occasionally, until they are browned. Try to break up potatoes as they cook so they stay in separate strands. They should take 12-15 minutes to brown nicely.
3) Meanwhile cook bacon in the oven at 350 degrees until very crispy. For more on how to cook perfect bacon, check out this post.
4) Grease a 6-cup muffin tin well and divide potatoes between tins. Leave a well in the center of each tin and make sure potatoes go up the sides to form potato cups.
5) Crumble bacon and add about a strip of bacon into each tin.
6) Scramble eggs and divide eggs between tins. You shouldn’t need a full egg for each tin.
7) Season cups with a pinch of salt and pepper and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until eggs are cooked through, about 18-20 minutes.
8) When eggs are cooked, run a knife around the outside of each cup and remove each one. Pray that they don’t stick, but they might stick a bit!