How to make homemade breakfast crunch wraps for the indecisive Tex-Mex lover who wants a crispy shell and a soft tortilla!
1) Cook corn tortillas until they are crispy, either by baking them at 375 degrees F. for 10-12 minutes or by lightly frying them in a skillet with a drizzle of oil. Set crispy corn tortillas aside (you can also buy crispy tostadas).
2) Add vegetables to a skillet with a drizzle of oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook until veggies soften, 6-8 minutes. Then stir in salsa. Remove filling from skillet and wipe out skillet.
3) In a separate, small skillet, add a small drizzle of oil over medium heat. Add scrambled eggs and cook gently until they are almost cooked through. It’s okay if they are slightly undercooked. Season with a pinch of salt and remove from heat.
3) To make crunch wraps, set down a flour tortilla and sprinkle some cheese right in the center. Place crunchy corn tortilla on the cheese. Top with half of the filling (veg and egg) and sprinkle with more cheese.
4) Fold flour tortilla up and around the filling, enclosing it completely.
5) Heat a drizzle of oil in your skillet over medium heat. Place the wrap in the skillet fold-side down and cook for 3-4 minutes so the tortilla seals closed. Then flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
6) Remove from skillet and keep warm in a warm oven while you make the second one. Serve crunch wraps with hot sauce garnished with fresh cilantro.