1) Lightly rinse mushrooms, scrubbing off any dirt. Pat them dry with a paper towel and slice them into quarters or halves depending on size. Also mince the shallot and garlic and set aside.
2) Over high heat, get a heavy pot heating. Once hot, add oil or butter to the pan along with mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms release their liquid, maybe 5 minutes.
3) Add shallots and garlic and continue to cook until mushrooms are tender.
4) Add Brandy and deglaze pan, scraping up any bits stuck to it. Continue to cook until brandy is evaporated, about a minute.
5) Season with salt and pepper, garnish with parsley, and serve immediately.