A delicious recipe for braised chicken thighs that goes great with rice and veggies.
1) Coat chicken liberally with seasoned salt and preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Add chicken to a large oven-safe pot like a dutch oven along with diced onions, celery, and carrots. Cover chicken with water and stir in an extra tablespoon or two of seasoned salt and a tablespoon of oregano.
3) Cover this dish and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and bake for another 30 minutes.
If you are using a whole chicken instead of just pieces, you’ll want to increase the cooking time by 15-20 minutes. The chicken should be cooked through at this point.
4) Remove chicken pieces from pot and place pot over medium-high heat on the stove for 10 minutes so the sauce reduces a bit.
5) In a large skillet, add some butter over medium high heat and once melted, add the chicken pieces, skin-side down. Cook over medium-high heat until skin becomes crispy, about 4-5 minutes.
Serve chicken with rice and veggies and pour reduced sauce over everything.