1) Chop off the tough stems of the rabe. I usually cut off about 2-3 inches of stems.
2) Blanch rabe in boiled, salted water for about a minute. Drain rabe and run under cool water. Roughly chop the rabe.
3) In a large pot, add oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and rosemary. Set over low to medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes until it’s very fragrant.
4) Remove rosemary sprigs and add vegetable broth and water. Turn up heat and bring to a boil.
5) Add pasta and rabe, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes (depends on pasta cooking time… add a few minutes to time on box). Make sure the braising liquid is almost or slightly covering the pasta and rabe. If not, add more water.
6) Meanwhile, lightly toast walnuts in a dry pan.
7) Serve pasta and rabe with walnuts and maybe a dash of hot sauce.