1) Sift and whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder in a small bowl.
2) In a separate bowl stir together sugars and molasses. Try to stir out any chunks.
3) In the bowl of a stand mixer, add softened butter and cream until butter is very soft and holds peaks with the paddle attachment. It should almost be the consistency of a thick mayo.
4) Add in sugar mixture and cream together until smooth.
5) Add eggs and mix on low speed for 15-30 seconds. There is no need to completely mix in the eggs.
6) Add the flour ingredients in 2 batches, mixing slowly until just combined.
7) Add chocolate and pulse a few times on low speed to mix in without overmixing.
8) Let dough chill for 30 minutes and preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
9) On baking sheets lined with parchment paper or a Silpat baking sheet, portion out cookies in large balls, 75 grams each. You should get six per sheet.
10) Bake cookies for 16-18 minutes until just set.
11) Let cool before serving. Once cool, you can store these at room temperature for a few days in an airtight container.