1) The night before serving pancakes, combine barm, flour, and water in a large container. Make sure it’s at least twice as large as your starter because it will grow. Stir everything together.
2) The morning of pancakes, add final batter ingredients to a bowl and whisk them all together!
3) Add the really runny mixture to your pancake starter from the night before. Fold it together until you have a batter.
4) Get out your favorite griddle and melt some butter on it.
5) When butter is melted and griddle is very hot, add 1/2 Cup of batter. That makes a pretty big pancake. Feel free to go for 1/3 of a cup for smaller or 2/3 of a cup if you like the pancake to hang off the plate.
6) As soon as the batter is poured on the griddle pup 10 -15 blueberries down on the pancake.
7) Assuming the griddle is hot, you should be able to flip the pancake after about 3-4 minutes. When you see lots of large bubbles popping up and the edges are starting to turn up, that’s when you know it is time.
8) Move the pancakes straight to a plate and add some butter if you want. A good drizzle of maple syrup is essential! Serve immediately.