- Mix together blue cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and brown sugar. (You can sub regular cornmeal for blue cornmeal if you can’t find it.)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, honey, and melted butter.
- Stir wet stuff into dry stuff.
- Add about 1/2 cup of batter to a preheated waffle iron (spray with nonstick spray if necessary). Cook until done (different times for different waffle irons).
- Finished waffle should be browned and crispy on the outside and cooked through.
- Cook all waffles.
- Serve warm waffles with chili honey butter and extra honey to drizzle (or syrup if you want)!
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-eRy.