This grilled steak salad with ripe peaches is the perfect light meal to end summer. Served with arugula, it has a nice mix of flavors and is filling enough to work as a meal! Yay for grilled peaches!
- Rub steak with about two tablespoons of oil on all sides and season well with montreal steak seasoning (or seasoning of your choice). Let rest for 5-10 minutes while you preheat your grill to medium-high heat, direct heat grilling.
- Quarter peaches and remove the pits. Drizzle peaches well with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- To grill steak, add to grill over direct heat and grill for 5-7 minutes per side (depending on thickness). When steak is done it will have good grill marks and register 135˚F in the thickest part of the steak. When steak is done, remove and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- To grill peaches, clean grill really well and brush grill with some neutral oil. Add peaches when grill is hot and grill for about 2 minutes per side. If the peaches stick, then let them grill for another 30 seconds. Use a metal spatula to flip.
- To assemble salad, add arugula to a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Toss well. Then add red onions, sliced thin, crumbled cheese, and sliced steak and peaches. Garnish with a pinch of coarse salt.
Leftover steak will keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days. The grilled peaches won’t last long in the fridge and should be eaten the same day.