These baked and pan-tossed chicken wings have simple flavors, but are SO addictive. Slightly sweet and a huge amount of black pepper give them amazing flavors!
3 pounds wings
1/4 cup corn starch, for dusting
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 red chilis
3 large shallots
4 cloves garlic
2 inches fresh ginger, chopped
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- Dust wings in cornstarch. Lay out on a baking sheet lined with foil for easier cleanup. Bake wings at 375 degrees F. for 35-40 minutes until they are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prep other ingredients: Chop chilis, chop shallots, peel garlic (but leave whole), and chop ginger. Coarsely grind black pepper. Whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, and sugar.
- When wings are done, heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Melt butter and add shallot, chili, ginger, and garlic cloves. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then remove garlic cloves once they start to take on some color.
- Add soy sauce mixture to the skillet along with baked chicken wings and black pepper. Toss together vigorously to coat the wings in the sauce. It should thicken very quickly.
- Serve wings immediately garnished with fresh scallions.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-fmI.