Sounds crazy I know, but beet brownies are actually really good and their bright red color will shock your guests!
2-3 small raw beets, peeled and shredded (about 1 Cup)
1/2 Cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 Cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 Cup all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
2/3 Cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1) Peel beets and shred them using a tiny grater.
2) Melt butter and whisk together with sugar. Let cool for a few minutes.
3) Add eggs, salt and beets and whisk. Then whisk in flour.
4) Fold in chocolate chips to finish the batter.
5) Butter a small 8×8 baking dish and pour in batter.
6) Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until brownies are firm.
7) Cool for a few minutes before serving.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-58H.