Sounds crazy I know, but beet brownies are actually really good and their bright red color will shock your guests!
1) Peel beets and shred them using a tiny grater.
2) Melt butter and whisk together with sugar. Let cool for a few minutes.
3) Add eggs, salt and beets and whisk. Then whisk in flour.
4) Fold in chocolate chips to finish the batter.
5) Butter a small 8×8 baking dish and pour in batter.
6) Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until brownies are firm.
7) Cool for a few minutes before serving.