Baked Tacos filled with a quick, homemade mashed bean mixture and loads of cheese. I like to top mine with a quick pico de gallo and lime sour cream sauce.
Quick Pico de Gallo:
Sour Cream Sauce:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a medium pot, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, start bean mash by adding onions, garlic, and Serrano pepper to pot. Cook for a few minutes until veggies soften. Then add beans and spices. Cook together for a few minutes. Then add about 1/4 cup water and mash bean mixture until somewhat smooth. Some texture is good though. Keep bean mash warm until needed over low heat.
3) Make pico de gallo by chopping ingredients and stirring together. Strain pico de gallo in a small mesh strainer to pull off as much liquid as possible.
4) Stack taco shells in a baking dish lined with crumbled foil (to keep the tacos in place). Spoon a good amount of bean mash into each taco shell. Top with a hefty amount of cheese. Bake tacos for 10 minutes until cheese is nicely melted.
5) Meanwhile, stir together sour cream sauce ingredients and chop lettuce.
When tacos come out, top tacos immediately with pico de gallo, lettuce, and sour cream sauce. Serve while warm!