Bean and Beet Dip
- Serves 8 as an appetizer
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
Did you make this?
Snap a photo and tag @macheesmo so I can see your work.
This is a healthy snack for game day that includes white beans and roasted beets blended with flavorful herbs and served with toasted breads.
1) If you are using dried beans, soak them overnight in cold water. Then boil them in a large pot with a few bay leaves until they are tender (about an hour). Drain and measure out required amount for recipe.
2) For beet, slice in half and roast at 350 degrees for about an hour until it’s very soft. Let the beet cool slightly, peel, and roughly chop.
3) Add beans, beet cubes, garlic, and liquid to a food processor and pulse. Add in lemon juice and oil and continue to pulse until it’s smooth. If the mixture is very thick, you might need to add more liquid.
4) Add in herbs and season with salt and pepper.
5) Slice baguette into thin slices and toast for a few minutes in the oven.
Serve dip with toasts and drizzle dip with extra olive oil and sprinkle with extra dill and mint.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-90K.