Fennel and Arugula Salad (From Bon Appétit)
1) Prepare the fennel: chop off the green stems and the root end and then slice down the middle.
2) There will be a small semi-leafy core in each bulb that you should cut out with a paring knife. Then turn the 1/2 bulb so it is flat (face-down) on the cutting board and dice horizontally to make the slivers.
3) Add these slivers to your arugula and olives (which should just be sliced in half and de-pitted if they have pits).
4) In a separate bowl, whisk together your dressing ingredients and then add that to your salad. Top the salad with shaved Parmesan cheese and some crushed black pepper. You can make this an hour or so in advance if you want.
5) Wrap salmon in bay leaves and place in grilling basket.
6) On a medium heat grill, cook about 15-20 minutes per side or until the skin is crisp and the internal temperature is 135 degrees.