A delicious but basic french toast recipe that can be used for almost any kind of bread. I call it no fuss french toast!
1) If your bread isn’t stale, toasted it in a 300 degree oven for 5-6 minutes to dry it out. You don’t want it actually toasted, just dry.
2) In a wide, shallow dish, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
3) Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Once hot, melt a small amount of butter in the pan and spread it around.
4) Working with one piece of bread at a time, dip it in the custard mixture and let it soak for a few seconds. Then transfer to the hot skillet or griddle.
5) Let the french toast cook for a minute or two on the first side. Sprinkle some sugar on the french toast and give it a flip. Cook the french toast on the second side until it’s browned and the sugar is caramelized, 1-2 minutes.
6) Remove french toast and repeat with remaining pieces of bread. Serve warm french toast with butter and syrup.