Add a ripe banana to your oatmeal as it cooks and whip everything together. The results are creamy and delicious. Toppings are encouraged!
1) Get the milk and water simmering over medium heat in a small saucepan.
2) Slice the banana thin and add the banana and oats to the pan.
3) As the oatmeal cooks, whisk like crazy to mix the banana in with the oatmeal. The banana should disappear. Add a pinch of salt and a dash of vanilla at this point.
4) After about 7-8 minutes, the water should be evaporated. Add the dried fruit about a minute before the oats are done.
5) Serve immediately and top with whatever toppings you choose!