Add a ripe banana to your oatmeal as it cooks and whip everything together. The results are creamy and delicious. Toppings are encouraged!
1 Cup rolled oats
1 Cup lowfat or skim milk
1 Cup water
1 large very ripe banana. You could use two if you want it super banana-y
Pinch of kosher salt
Dash of vanilla (like 1/4-1/2 Teaspoon)
Toppings: Any dried fruits, any nuts, brown sugar, any nut butter at all, go crazy.
1) Get the milk and water simmering over medium heat in a small saucepan.
2) Slice the banana thin and add the banana and oats to the pan.
3) As the oatmeal cooks, whisk like crazy to mix the banana in with the oatmeal. The banana should disappear. Add a pinch of salt and a dash of vanilla at this point.
4) After about 7-8 minutes, the water should be evaporated. Add the dried fruit about a minute before the oats are done.
5) Serve immediately and top with whatever toppings you choose!
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-3Fd.