Simple baked queso dip recipe that will disappear at your next party! Easy to stir together with layers of pinto beans and cheddar cheese.
1) Chop four full scallions. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Then add drained beans, chile peppers, and scallions. Season with a pinch of salt.
2) Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Gently mash beans with the back of a spoon. The mixture doesn’t need to be completely smooth.
3) In a small bowl, stir together taco seasoning, hot sauce, and yogurt.
4) In a large baking dish, spoon in bean mixture followed by the yogurt and hot sauce mixture. Spread it evenly over the beans. Top with about 1 pound of grated cheese, but leave 1 cup of cheese for the topping. I like to use a mixture of cheddar and monterey jack.
5) Bake dish for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
6) Stir dip well to mix layers and ingredients. Top with reserved cheese and two chopped scallions (just greens).
7) Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes.
8) Serve immediately with tortilla chips!