The perfect party appetizer! This baked goat cheese is spreadable and the perfect combo of salty and sweet thanks to chunks of dates and bacon! YUM!
10 ounces goat cheese
8 ounces cream cheese
1 lemon, zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey
4 strips bacon, chopped
1/4 cup chopped dates
Red pepper flakes, garnish
Fresh chives, garnish
Crusty Bread, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, mash together goat cheese, cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, and honey. Transfer to baking dish.
- Bake cheese at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until browned around the edges.
- Meanwhile, make topping. In a small skillet over medium-low heat, add chopped bacon and cook until bacon is crispy, maybe 6-7 minutes. Remove bacon and drain off all grease except for 1 tablespoon.
- Add dates to the skillet along with 1 tablespoon water and simmer until dates break down a bit and form jelly. Stir in half of the bacon.
- When cheese is hot out of the oven, scoop on date topping and sprinkle on the rest of the crispy bacon. Also garnish with red pepper flakes and fresh chives.
- Serve immediately with a good crusty baguette.