Tomato sauce with eggs on top is baked with toast to make for a delicious brunch or breakfast dish.
1) For sauce, add a few Tablespoons of oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Then add garlic and tomatoes and a pinch of salt and pepper.
2) Cook this down for a few minutes. It’s a pretty rustic sauce. No need for it to be completely smooth. Feel free to add some crushed red pepper and/or Parmesan as well.
3) Slice a few slices of very hearty, rustic bread and line the edges of a casserole dish with the bread slices.
4) Pour your tomato sauce in the bottom of your casserole dish.
5) Crack six eggs on top of the tomato sauce. Sprinkle on fresh thyme and a good pinch of salt and pepper. You could add some Parmesan cheese also if you wanted.
6) Bake this at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. If you want the yolks firm, cook for another 10 minutes.
7) Serve immediately and make sure each serving gets some bread, sauce and egg.