These easy baked chicken wings pack an addictive spicy punch thanks to a homemade Cajun spice rub. Perfect for game day!
3 pounds chicken wings
2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Carrots, for serving
Blue cheese, for serving
Quick Wing Sauce:
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons ketchup
1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together cajun spice, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and brown sugar. Rub onto wings liberally although you might not need all of the rub. You can either leave wings whole or cut them into flats and drum pieces.
- Place wings on a baking sheet lined with foil or on a baking rack (my preference). Bake wings for 45-60 minutes until they are cooked through and the skin is crispy and browned.
- Meanwhile, mix together sauce with warm butter. If the sauce clumps because the butter cools, microwave it for 15 seconds to warm the ingredients.
- When wings are cooked, either A) toss them in the sauce or B) drizzle with sauce. I prefer to drizzle these with sauce so the dry rub is the star, but they still have some sauce.
- Serve with standard chicken wing sides!