These have some of my favorite flavors and are easy to toss together either for dinner or for a hearty game day appetizer. Spicy and cheesy!
1 pound chicken, sliced thin
1 pepper, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup buffalo sauce
4 slices provolone cheese
4 sub rolls
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
Ranch dressing, garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Slice chicken into thin slices along with peppers and onions. You can use one whole pepper or a half of two different colored peppers for some variety.
- In a large skillet add a drizzle of oil over medium heat. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is cooked nearly cooked through, 6-7 minutes.
- Add peppers and onions to skillet and continue to cook until they are soft, another 3-4 minutes. Chicken should be cooked through completely at this point. Stir in buffalo sauce and remove from heat.
- Add provolone slices to subs in a baking dish. Spoon in the buffalo chicken filling and top with blue cheese.
- Bake the subs at 375 degrees F. for 10-12 minutes until toasted and bubbling hot.
- Garnish subs with a drizzle of ranch dressing and fresh chives. Serve while warm.
This delicious recipe was brought to you by Macheesmo. Read the full post at https://wp.me/pkSYO-fr3.