If you’re looking for a great Halloween appetizer, check out these Baked Brains! Pie crust designed around baked brie and colored jam! Delicious and cool looking!
1) Thaw pie crust according to directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix jelly with a few drops of food coloring.
2) Unroll one sheet of pie crust onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3) Spread some jam into the center of the pastry and set the entire wheel of brie right in the center.
4) Fold edges of puff pastry up. Seal it well.
5) Flip pastry so the seam of it is down on the baking sheet. Brush with egg wash. Optionally, mix a few drops of red food coloring with rest of egg wash. Cut pie crust into strips and decorate the baked brie with strips of twisted pie crust. Brush with red egg wash.
6) Bake for 25-30 minutes until the puff pastry is golden brown.
7) Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers!